Stampin and Scrapin with Donna Lee

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 8; Cycle 1 of The 17 Day Diet

Here I am with a few of my BFF's! These ladies keep me straight and pray with me through all of lifes ups and downs. God has sent them to me for sure and one of these beautiful daughters of God is going to join us on our weight loss journey! So proud of Pat for wanting and having the courage to make lifestyle changes to lose weight and feel better.  Her hubby Duane is also going to join us and that is fabulous as well.
The last few days have been really frustrating for me, but I am emotionally turning the corner.  Bottom line is that I was not eating everything I should have been eating to be successful on this diet and when I did eat it all I did not drink all of my allotted water nor did have all of the fats that I could have.  So today is a full week of being on Cycle 1 of The 17 Day Diet and I've shed 3.5 pounds. I am praying about my impatience with myself and others. Only God can change me and I know that now.  This will help me keep focused and determined and not listen to all the negative self talk in my head.

Once all my guys weigh in today I'll post their successes for Day 8!  As of yesterday, Day 7 Sean Ryan was down 7.5 pounds! Oh this Mommy is proud of him for sticking to it and getting through the withdrawal of no sugar and no carbs! He recognizes that he is addicted to them and wants to not have that addiction.  One smart cookie he is.  He's encouraged me this week a lot.

My hubby is off serving on a 3 Day Retreat in Dallas GA this weekend and is eating stuff not on the plan, but he will be back on track when he gets home tonight.  I know he's not eating the sweets so that is good as breaking the sugar addiction is tough.  Today we get our grandson so I'm cooking low carb tomato sauce to use on Chicken Parmesan for dinner tonight.  It's going to be a blessed day!

Blessings,
Donna Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment